Monday, April 23, 2007

Censorship and Struggle.

Yesterday, after about an hour of working on-line, I was hit with a virus that altered the graphics at my msn group, making posting essays very difficult. I still can't post images in this blog. My intruder detection feature of my security system has been disabled by a hacker. It isn't surprising to me that I am experiencing such difficulties. Over the past several years, I have endured hundreds of days like this. The most complex essays and short stories that I have written have been produced under such difficult circumstances -- circumstances which are painful for me. My essay "How to be Modern Again" has just been defaced yet again. I have revised it again. It may not be possible to write a novel or other creative works under such circumstances.

April 21, 2007 at 6:57 P.M., there were 10 intrusion attempts so far, main attacker (according to Norton Security) 24.7.164.155. NJ government official and judiciary.

The hatred that leads people to inflict suffering on others, for whatever reasons or rationalizations, is probably a result of some kind of moral pathology. Persons consumed by hatred -- like those devoured by cancer -- evoke our pity. Unlike cancer victims, however, those who hate also produce revulsion in others. (New Jersey's Terry Tuchin and Diana Lisa Riccioli, for example.) Another twenty minute odyssey was endured to write these words just now.

More baffling than haters are those "guilty bystanders" who facilitate and go along with evil. Such cooperation with evil is only possible for people whose humanity has been sacrificed to lucrative professional ambitions or cowardice. "On the one hand, but on the other hand ..." How do you live with yourselves? Anne Milgram, Esq.? Mr. Corzine? Mr. Rabner? ("Anne Milgram Does it Again" and "Another Mafia Sweep in New Jersey and Anne Milgram is Clueless.")

I will do my best to correct errors inserted in my texts by hackers, to rewrite and post essays deleted surreptitiously. I will continue to struggle to write somehow, every day. I am running a scan again this morning. Each of these efforts at censorship is a better proof of the accuracy of my allegations against the corrupt power-structure in New Jersey than any evidence that I can offer, including all of the evidence that has resulted in 200 convictions so far -- and lots more are on the way. ("New Jersey's Mafia Culture in Politics and Law" and "What is it like to be tortured?")

By frustrating and obstructing my efforts at communication, your rights of access are denied, along with my freedom of speech, even as the Constitution and all who have fought for it are dishonored. As for the Jersey Boys, that stench -- of now proven -- legal corruption is what you have become. ("Manifesto for the Unfinished American Revolution.")

" ... evil is not fundamentally mysterious, even though it transcends every day social conditioning. Evil as I see it is indeed metaphysical, in the sense that it takes up an attitude toward being as such, not just toward this or that bit of it. Fundamentally, it wants to annihilate the lot of it. But this is not to suggest that it is necessarily supernatural, or that it lacks all human causality. Many things -- art and language, for example -- are more than just a reflex of their social cirumstances, but this is not to say that they drop from the skies. The same is true of human beings in general. If there is no necessary conflict between the historical and the transcendent, it is because history is a process of self-transcendence. The historical animal is one who is constantly able to go beyond itself. There are, so to speak, 'horizontal' forms of transcendence as well as 'vertical' ones. Why should we always think of the latter? ... "

Terry Eagleton, Evil (New Haven: Yale University Press, 2010), pp. 16-17. ("I am that spirit," Goethe's Mephistopheles says, "that in seeking to do evil always does good instead.")

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home